Visa information for non-EU students
If you have transferred into another immigration category such as Tier 1 (Post Study Work) or Tier 2 (Skilled worker) you may remain in the UK and attend your graduation ceremony as long as your visa is valid.
If you have invited guests to the ceremony and they require a visa to enter the UK, please read the next section carefully.
Obtaining visitor visas for your guestsPlease read and advise your friends and family to read all the information in the links provided before completing and sending the application to ensure you/your family and friends have submitted a valid application.
If your guest requires a visa to enter the UK they will need to apply for a visitor visa. You and your guest should read the current UK Border Agency (UKBA) guidance on making a visa application.
Please note that there are two visa categories; one for a general visitor visa and one for a family visitor visa.
- VAF1A Application Form from the UK Border Agency (PDF)
- VAF1B Application Form from the UK Border Agency (PDF)
Documentation your family/friends require from you
You will need to provide your visitor with a number of different documents.
- A copy of your passport (photo page and current visa stamp/ Biometric ID card)
The following documents must be originals.
- An original letter of invitation from you. This letter must be sent to your visitor to be included with their application for a visitor visa. Please note that Anglia Ruskin University does not provide letters of invitation - the invitation letter must come directly from you.
Your letter of invitation needs to explain:
- who you are and your reason for being in the UK
- who you are inviting to visit you and their relation to you
- how long you intend them to visit you and the reason for the visit
- confirmation from your visitor if they intend to accommodate and finance themselves
- confirmation from you if you intend to provide finance for your visitor
- that you hope the visitor visa will be granted
Download a sample letter of invitation below.
- A letter issued by the Academic Office confirming that you are eligible to attend the graduation ceremony. This letter accompanies your final transcript and is sent to your home address within 5 working days of the Anglia Ruskin University Awards Board. If your home address is overseas and you would prefer this letter to be sent to you in the UK, then you must ensure that you update your home address on e:Vision before the Awards Board date.
- Your visitors must supply bank statements and wage slips for the last 3 months and confirmation of hotel bookings (if applicable). If you are supporting your visitor financially and providing their accommodation, you must send them your last 3 original bank statements and a letter from your landlord/accommodation provider to confirm that they are happy for you to accommodate your visitors for this period.
The Official Publication of Results (PDF) list the dates when results will be sent to students.