Anglia Ruskin has invested over £81million over the last five years in the very latest learning environments. Our Cambridge campus is in the heart of the city and has recently reached a milestone in its history with the opening of the new £35-million redevelopment. The regenerated campus opened in September 2011 and provides a wealth of new facilities which will benefit our Anglia Ruskin community.
Our department's industry standard facilities include:
- Ruskin Gallery, a professional and ground-breaking digital Art Gallery that shows touring exhibitions of international standing as well as student work
- Industry standard fully-equipped, 3-camera TV Studio
- 3 Mac suites with workstations equipped with current industry standard software
- Specialist printmaking workshop including etching, screenprinting, lithography, relief presses, laser-cutting and letterpress facilities
- Excellent dedicated Fine Art and Illustration studios leading off the Ruskin Gallery
- Black and white and colour darkrooms
- 3 fully equipped photographic daylight and artificial light studios
- 3D workshops including a sculpture and plaster workshop
- Dedicated suite of high ed PCs with top of the range 3D modelling, animation and compositing software
Our campus library offers a wide range of publications and a variety of study facilities, including open-access computers, areas for quiet or group study and bookable rooms. We also have an extensive Digital Library providing on and off-site access to e-books, e-journals and databases.
We endeavour to make our libraries as accessible as possible for all our students. During Semester time, they open 24 hours a day from Monday to Thursday, until midnight on Friday and Saturday and for 12 hours on Sunday.
Our open-access computer facilities provide free access to the internet, email, messaging services and the full Microsoft Office suite. A high speed wireless service is also available in all key areas on campus. If you are away from campus or a distant learner, our student desktop and its many applications can be accessed remotely using the internet. Your personal student email account provides free document storage, calendar facilities and social networking opportunities.
Throughout your studies you will have access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), providing course notes, reading materials and multi-media content to support your learning, while our e-vision system gives you instant access to your academic record and your timetable.
For more information visit the Anglia Ruskin Cambridge campus page.
The gallery below provides a closer look at some of our facilities - please click the images for a full-size version.