Chelmsford Student Village
The Student Village is our on-campus accommodation in Chelmsford. You'll have the company of other Anglia Ruskin students. You will be a short walk from all that the campus has to offer.
Application criteriaYou're eligible to apply for accommodation in Chelmsford, if:
- you've Anglia Ruskin University as your first choice
- you've firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to study at Chelmsford from us
- you'll be studying a full-time course
- your home is more than 10 miles away from the Chelmsford campus
The bedroomsThere are 510 single bedrooms, arranged into flats of between 3, 5 and 6 bedrooms.
- En-suite - most rooms have their own shower and toilet. 4 of the 3-bedroom flats are not en-suite, and have a shared bathroom
- Furniture - single bed, desk, chair and wardrobe
- Internet - 2MB broadband included in rent
- TV - An optional TV service is available through the internet provider, at an extra cost. A TV aerial socket is in the room, you would need to use your own TV and buy a TV license
- Phone - telephone in room, which allows you to call the university network for free. An external line is optional at an extra cost
The kitchenYou'll share a small kitchen (3 bed flats) or a kitchen/diner (5-6 bed flats). Your kitchen will have a fridge, freezer, cooker and microwave. It does not include a kettle or toaster.
The buildingThe student village is located on-campus; about 10 minutes walk to Chelmsford city centre and mainline railway station. It is also within walking distance of shops, bars, restaurants, University Library, the campus shop, gym and, most importantly, your lectures!
- Bicycles - external storage
- Cars - limited car parking is available if you are a Blue Badge holder or studying certain courses. You would need to apply for a car parking permit. We have a strict car parking policy.
- Laundrette - on-site coin operated laundry
Support and services
- Residential Assistants are available when the Residential Service office is closed
- Security - CCTV and 24 hour campus security
- Adapted rooms - adapted rooms are available for students with medical needs. These rooms are suitable for wheelchair access and have a call alarm system. Additional rooms are adapted for visual and hearing impaired students
- Cleaning in common areas - the stairs and corridors will be cleaned. You will need to clean inside your flat - your bedroom, bathroom and the kitchen
- The length of your contract will depend upon what course you are studying
- Rent for 2013/14 is £100.90 to £109.15 per week, (including utility bills and broadband)
- You can choose your preferences out of: an en-suite room in a 3 bed flat (£100.90); a non-en-suite room in a 3 bed flat (£100.90 - £109.15); or an en-suite room in a 5 or 6 bed flat (£105.40 - £109.15). Rooms are priced according to size as well as whether they have an en-suite, meaning some of the rooms without an en-suite in the 3 bed flat are larger and therefore more expensive
- If you wish to apply for a single-sex flat, you can indicate it on your application form as a requirement you would like us to take into consideration
Chelmsford property information (1350 Kb)